“Bob did a wonderful job settling my case. I trusted his expertise 100% and I am very happy with the settlement that I received.” – Client Eleanore S.
Education and Professional Background
Robert (“Bob”) L. Cavanaugh graduated from Northeastern University (magna cum laude) in 1990 and Suffolk University School of Law in 1993 (cum laude). He maintains his own personal injury law firm in Fairfield, Connecticut. As specialists in personal injury law, Cavanaugh Law is dedicated to protecting the rights of individuals who have suffered serious injury because of someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing, including:
- Car accident, motorcycle, truck and bicycle accidents
- Slip-and-falls or any other accident
- Dog bites
- Defective and dangerous products
Over the last 25 years and more than 3,000 cases, Attorney Cavanaugh has successfully tried numerous cases to verdict in Connecticut state and federal courts and, since dedicating his practice in 2002 to representing the injured, has recovered in excess of $20,000,000.00 for personal injury clients through verdict, arbitration and settlement. He is a member of the American Association of Justice and The Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association. Attorney Cavanaugh is licensed to practice in Connecticut.
Attorney Cavanaugh’s mission is to provide compassionate legal counsel to his clients and ensure work tirelessly until they receive the financial settlement that they are rightfully owed. From the initial consultation to the final proceedings, Attorney Cavanaugh exclusively works with his clients so they receive the highest level of counsel at all times. He is committed to building strong, long-lasting relationships with his clients and delivering a pragmatic approach to legal representation.
Your case is only as good as your lawyer. Most people are surprised to learn that it’s common for your case to be assigned to someone other than the lawyer you speak or meet with, such as a junior associate or paralegal. Delegating tasks to other workers at the law firm helps them drive down costs and save time. However, this is largely beneficial to the practice and not the client. At Attorney Cavanaugh’s practice, you can rely on one point-of-contact throughout your case.
Learn more about Bob Cavanaugh by reading his legal insights here.
Legal Representation for Personal Injuries in Fairfield, Connecticut
If you’ve experienced a personal injury in Connecticut and you’re considering legal assistance, we can help.
We pride ourselves on focusing solely on personal injury law. Although we work for individuals rather than insurance companies, we have extensive experience working on the insurance side of the personal injury business. From this experience we understand what it takes to build the strongest possible cases for our clients; and we are committed to and effective at obtaining the maximum compensation for personal injuries, including compensation for pain and suffering, lost income and lost earning capacity, as well as past and future medical expenses.
During your free initial consultation, we will evaluate your claim and explain your legal options; and because we work on a contingency fee basis, you pay us nothing unless we recover compensation for your injuries through a settlement or jury verdict in your favor.
We value our clients and focus on providing individualized attention to every client we represent. Whether you’ve been hurt as a result of a motor vehicle accident, medical malpractice, a defective product, a dog bite, or a slip-and-fall, we have the expertise to get you the compensation you deserve.
We understand that the legal process can be confusing and uncertain. That is why having a legal expert on your side can mean the difference between financial distress and being able to rebuild your life and move forward, especially when you’re up against an insurance company, a hospital or a large corporation.
Here are just a few of the cases that we have handled recently:
- $1,875,000 Grocery Store Injury: A 49-year-old woman developed complex regional pain syndrome after her ankle was struck by a shopping cart being pushed by a grocery store employee. Recovery amount: $1,875,000.
- $1,450,000 Car Accident Injury: A 39-year old man was rear-ended in stop and go traffic on I-95 in Stratford, Connecticut. The liability carrier, Allstate, defended the claim on the ground that the “minor impact” from behind did not cause the client’s disc herniation and subsequent surgery. Received $1,450,000.00 settlement at mediation.
- $1,100,000 Emotional Distress: $1,100,000.00 verdict for emotional distress and violations of the Connecticut Unfair Trade Practices Act against a local funeral home for mishandling the remains of our client’s deceased husband.
- $450,000 Car Accident Injury: $450,000.00 arbitration award for a 34-year old man with a long history of back pain, who was involved in a relatively minor rear-end collision while driving a truck. As a result of this collision, the client developed a neurogenic bladder with episodes of incontinence. Despite the complex medical history and difficult proof of such a private condition, the case resolved for an amount that represented fair compensation for his medical expenses and pain and suffering.
- $140,000 – Nursing Home Injury: As a result of an employee’s failure to warn of recent floor mopping, a 55-year-old woman sustained a torn rotator cuff when she fell while visiting in a nursing home. Recovery amount after judicial mediation: $140,000.
To learn more about how we can help you contact us using the form to the right or call 203-259-5400. Remember that your initial consultation is free and that we are here to put our legal skills to work for you.